Security is always a concern when dealing with the Internet and especially when transferring personal files and sensitive information. Not only is it important to our customers, but it is also a prime concern of BackupMyBusiness.com. Without security in every aspect of our service, our own business and reputation would be in jeopardy. That is why we have taken substantial precautions to ensure the security of your data not only while in transit to the data center, but also while stored at the data center. The following are overviews of the ways in which you are protected.
- 112-bit DES encryption of your files by your computer before leaving your computer and also stored at the data centers encrypted - this encryption has never been broken
- Password protection of your account
- Unique individual account numbers
- Access to your account is limited to key support individuals and all changes are logged
- Checkpoint Firewall - 1 on "hardened" Nokia appliances with all activity limited to a single TCP port
- All connections to port are authenticated by valid account and password
- Failed access attempts are logged and reviewed
- Best operating system and database security practices are followed
- Only software necessary to provide the service is running
- Co-location sites have barriers with 24x7 security personnel
- Co-location equipment is locked in cage with sensors and alarm system
- All visitors require pre-authorization and photographic identification
- Fingerprint reader controls access to Connected's in-house data facility
- All access to computer equipment is logged
Most traditional backup systems do not store your data with any level of protection. A zip drive, CD, or tape can easily be read by someone if it were to come into their possession. Consequently, we believe that our online solution is actually a safer and more secure method of protecting your data.